Monday, May 18, 2015

BHB is 30 TODAY! – Blog Number Three for the BIG 30


This has been fun.  I really enjoyed pulling together all the pictures. For a gift, I put together a printed book for BHB with pictures of her life. I loved doing it.

We just finished talking to her (Skype) and little LW. He woke up during our birthday video call with BHB and we were able to talk to him too -- a bonus!

So here is my final "30th Birthday Blog." It is 9:15PM Bahrain time so we are getting ready for bed.

In the third decade of her life, BHB was very independent.

She graduated from college and decided she wanted to stay and live in the State of Florida. We would have loved for her to explore the world and live in many different places or maybe come back to Virginia.

However, she wanted to settle down in Florida. She was always stubborn and she put her foot down “in the sand” and said she was staying in Florida.

As it turned out, this was a great decision for her.

During her senior year, her crew team competed in the NCAA finals in Sacramento, California. For the "sports parents" it was a great way to end BHB's athletic career. 
BHB's graduation was a family affair with family coming from California, Oklahoma , Florida and Kansas.

BHB is a Millennial. She has many of the characteristics of one – confident, connected and open to change. Family is also very important to Millennials, so much so in fact that a 2010 Pew Research Center survey found that the number one goal of the majority of Millennials is “to be a good parent.”

Do you think you fit into the Millennial model?  Here is a quiz that will tell you how you stack up against other Millennials.

During the third decade of BHB’s life she also married and became a parent.

She was married on March 1, 2014. RB, her husband brought two beautiful children to the marriage and BHB has made it her mission to be a great mom to them.

Before the engagement on a dive trip with us in the Cayman Islands.
The beautiful bride and gorgeous groom. 
She carried something from both of her grandmothers down the aisle -- a bracelet from D's mom and a broach from my mom.  Next to her heart, under her gown she wore some lace from my wedding gown.
BHB and her beautiful new family. 

On January 25, 2015 BHB and RB added to their family with the birth of a baby, little LW.

Just an hour old and he was already the most beautiful baby ever born.

BHB’s dad, hubbie D and I are extremely proud of her. She is a wonderful daughter, adoring wife and fabulous mother.

I am so proud to be her mom.

I have to go now and get the Kleenex. This one bought me to tears!

Happy Birthday, BHB, my own baby.  May you have many, many more wonderful birthdays to come!

Hugs, Kisses and Cheers!
Mom (Brenda)

This is one of my favorite photos. BHB is obviously having the time of her life at an air show with little LW. She looks so happy and so at ease with motherhood. Life goes on. Happy Birthday to my baby girl.
I know this blog is supposed to be about BHB, but I could not help myself. Here is the most recent shot of little LW at 3 months.  He has an "ocean theme" in his room and other gear. Can't wait to make him a 3rd generation scuba diver. His cousin, BSJ is a diver (my oldest grandson) and we will have lots of fun in the water together someday!




No comments:

Post a Comment