Wednesday, January 26, 2011

February 2 - Virtual Tour of the Children's Science Center

If you ever read FAMILY Magazine, you probably know how passionate I am about kids and science. I loved science when I was growing up. For a few years I coordinated a volunteer group in the schools that worked with 5th graders doing fantastic science activities. My youngest daughter was a toddler and she went with me to do the activities in the schools and she developed a love of science as well.

Currently I am on the Board of Directors for a group that is starting a children's museum in Northern Virginia focusing on science and technology. The Children's Science Center will be located in Reston. We are hoping to have 50,000 square feet of hands-on activities for kids ranging from preschool to tweens.

The Children's Science Center has started offering a one-hour program and virtual tour for people to see their plans firsthand. I am hosting the one to be held on February 2.

I'd love have some of FAMILY Magazine readers come and meet some of our board members and see the Virtual Tour. This is not a fundraising activity and we won't be asking for donations at this event, but we are looking for advice, feedback and involvement from the community.

If you are interested in attending the Virtual Tour on Feb. 2, let me know. I will send the specifics to you.

In the mean time, visit the CSC website and see what they are all about.
http://www.thechildrenssciencecenter.org

It is a great project and I can not wait for the doors to open.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment