Wednesday, February 9, 2011

LinkedIn Did It

I am not very good with change. I can change, but I have to think about it first. I like to determine the consequences and then take action. So on Monday when our Marketing Manager told me she had accepted a new position (a really good position with some great growth) my first thought was panic.

However after I thought about it for a couple of hours, I started thinking about all the positive consequences. For her, it is great and I am very happy for her. Our company is very small and there is not much of a ladder to climb. It is more like a single step stool and she was at the top in her area.

My next thought was, "How do I find someone just as great and how fast can I get them started?" So, I turned to LinkedIn. I don't have a huge number of connections. Admittedly, I have not done any work to build my network and people have just sort of found me. But even with the small number of connections I have, I was able to come up with 10 great resumes. Now I have 8 interviews scheduled and some terrific prospects.

So I guess I have to give a big "yippee" to LinkedIn. And, a big thank you to all my contacts for passing along some great people. And, to those that reconnected just to say hi, thanks for the shout out. It was great to hear from you.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment