Wednesday, September 4, 2019

The news is all good.

Good morning from not so sunny Florida.

All is good here.  Although Hurricane Dorian will go down in history as very distructive, it did not do very much damage at the Hyde house.  We have one poor palm that was knocked over but not even a drop of water made its way inside the house.  Yea us!


During the evening last night I was a bit worried, but I think I just let the news people get to me. My oldest daughter who lives in Jacksonville, ASJ told me she was not even watching the news for this storm.

Unfortunately the storm is headed her way but she assures me she is buttoned up and secure.


During the evening the winds were coming from the north.


Early in the evening, it wobbled and turned east. I could hear all our family and friends singing, Turn! Turn! Turn!



Friends of ours were returning from Virginia and sent us this picture of heave evacuation traffic as they entered Florida.
For dinner, Hubby D fired up the grill. We opened a bottle of bubbly wine and had our own little hurricane party.



This morning when I got up, the wind had shifted and now it is coming from the west. We still hear howling as it comes in through our screens on our lanai, but the wind is not severe.


Our condo in Vero Beach looked like it might have significant damage. The hurricane came very close to that area before it turned east. The Weather Channel was broadcasting from in front of our condo buildings for a long time. 

Our condo is located in the tall building seen over his right shoulder.

It appears the worst is just some damage to the board walk and erosion of the sand.

I want to thank all of our friends and family that sang along with the Byrds, Turn! Turn! Turn!  It definitely worked and we dodged the worst of the storm. Hopefully this will be the end of the 2019 hurricane season.

Cheers,
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment