Monday, December 18, 2017

Memories of Bahrain

This morning as I was working on the blog of our trip to Europe, I received this wonderful email from a dear friend, JA who is in Bahrain but getting ready to move back to the States. I asked if I could share her email so here it is. it was lovely and brought tears to my eyes. What wonderful memories I have of Bahrain. THANKS, JA.

Brenda,

I went for a stroll on your island today. I can see why you loved it. 

I often felt that a walk along the water front was what was missing from Bahrain. All the places I could walk were ugly, dirty and smelly. Places such as where I ran; the Juffair corniche or the lagoon in Muharraq. 

This is what Bahrain sadly needs in more places. 

There was a lovely breeze today.



Waves lapped on the rocks.


It was warm on the lagoon side.


Lastly, the flamingos.


JA

No comments:

Post a Comment