Wednesday, December 20, 2017

The Great Big Cookie Decorating Party

Goodness gracious and heavens to Betsy (as my mother would say).

We had the biggest and best cooking decorating party this year - EVER!

If you follow my blog, you know that our family has a cookie decorating tradition. In the 37 year history of my marriage to Hubby D, we have never missed a year without putting holiday colored butter cream icing (Grandma Tudy's recipe) on crispy vanilla cut out cookies.

Here are some cookie decorating pictures from Christmas past.





For 2017 our family gathered in our new Viera, Florida kitchen. All three children from BHB's family (little LW included), granddaughter MVL and grandson BSJ along with Grandpa DM, Hubby D and myself all worked together mixing, baking and decorating. BHB and son-in-law RB came along later in time for dinner with cookies for dessert. It was quite a crew.

Here are the highlights.

The day started early with the mixing of the cookie dough. We mixed 6 complete recipes. 
The cookie dough was so good, MVL licked the bowl clean. LOL


Grandson BSJ called this creation the dancing penguins.
This was serious work. (By the way, MVL and BSJ worked for MANY hours cutting and baking. MVL managed to finish all the baking and clean up while I went to schools and picked up all the kids with BSJ. She is a super woman cook!)




LW puts some icing on....
And, them some comes off.
I can almost hear him thinking, "I wonder if the blue taste like the white?" 


There were MANY beautiful masterpieces. Almost (remember I said "almost") too good to eat.


Here is the entire cooking and decorating crew. We finished with almost 200 cookies.

I can safely say, we are ready for Santa Claus.  I will just have to make sure they last that long. Maybe I will hide a few to save for Santa. LOL . . . yummmmm

Cheers,
Brenda



No comments:

Post a Comment