Thursday, January 25, 2018

The Birthday Boy

LW turns THREE today.

Remember, times flies when you are having fun!

The last three years have gone by in a blur but also have been filled with wonderful memories.

From the last night before he was born when BHB and I had Tex-mex together until now when Hubby D and I spend weekends with him, we have been enthralled with this little guy. It is great fun!


Now, that is not to say we don't have fun and enjoy the other grandkids (they get upset when I blog about LW so much). It is just I have been able to spend a great deal of time with LW since before he was born. I never had the opportunity to do this with any of the other grandkids. Now I know how much I missed.

From the moment I first held him in the hospital. . . 
And, when Hubby D traveled from Bahrain to hold him, we have enjoyed this little guy beyond words.

During the past three years, there have been some great memories and lots and lots of fun. LW was the happiest baby I have ever seen. He is still so very cheerful. You can always get a chuckle out of him.





His first birthday was fantastic. Unfortunately I was sick for birthday number two, but I am looking forward to the party for number three!



Hubby D and I have been surprised by how much we enjoy having a young grandchild that we spend time with frequently. In fact, we are very surprised. It is so much more fun than we expected. I am also surprised how much Hubby D has enjoyed the experience.





Along the way there has been some wonderful memories and terrific fun. Every time LW comes to our house or when we go somewhere with him, there are more memories to be made.



Airplanes, big trucks and trains -- our world has expanded!

As luck would have it (my good luck), LW's birthday is on a Thursday this year and it is also the night of a presentation at school that BHB and RB need to attend. LW is coming to my house for dinner!  We are going to put icing on his birthday cake and make home made ice cream together to eat after dinner. 

OH, WHAT FUN IT IS!

Cheers,
Brenda



No comments:

Post a Comment