Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Making An Entrance

HI!

It has been a while since I wrote a blog about our home remodel. I hope you don't mind that I have come back to finish up the story.  Remember my blog has several purposes and documenting this big project is important to me.

If you do not want to receive these updates on our project, just let me know and I will take you off the blog list.

Life in our house has been very busy, but I FINALLY have a few minutes to complete the blog about the remodeling project.

Enjoy!
Brenda


Making An Entrance

I have always believed that the most important area of a home is the entrance. It sets the tone and tells your guests they are welcome.

The entrance to our new home in Florida had the potential to be very dramatic and after long discussions and much angst we decided to make some pretty big changes. New doors, new flooring, new light and the biggest change of all, new iron stair railings.

In this first blog about the entrance to our home I am only going to talk about the doors. The reason is that the stairs were so complex, they deserve an entire blog of their own. However the new doors are really nice and I don't want to overlook them.

Again, you need to realize that this blog has a dual purpose. ONE - to share with friends and family and TWO - to help me remember all the fun I was having doing this remodeling project, LOL.

The original doors were replaced with some that had more wood and were more dramatic. The final stain color matches the new hand rail on the staircase as well as the stair treads.

The old doors came out rather easily. 
Right before the old doors came out, this is how the porch looked.  Yes, that is a black toilet from our powder room.  
Doors and molding were stored in the garage.  We kept filling up and then emptying the garage with all kinds of building materials and supplies.
The doors came in a blonde tone. I was very anxious to get the dark stain on them.
Here they are installed prior to staining.
After staining.
Here we are putting on the new lock set.

I love the new entrance to our home and I am really going to enjoy changing out the flowers with the each season. WAIT - do the seasons change here in Florida?

BEFORE
AFTER

This is the fun part.



Cheers,
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment