Friday, April 17, 2015

Approaching 3 Months

There is going to be someone out there that says, "Wait, Brenda did not finish writing about her trip to Jordan."

And, you are right.  I have one more day to write about from our adventure to Jordan.  It was a fantastic trip.

I will apologize that the final installment for Jordan is late, however I have been working (really working - UGH) on a project for an organization I became involved with here in Bahrain, the American Women's Association.

Unfortunately, this project has completely consumed every single extra minute of my time.  I told hubby D that it was like I was back at the magazine on deadlines and maybe he should go on a business trip so I could focus and finish up. I will fill you in on the project later. FYI -- D did not go on a business trip and I am struggling to get finished.

Today I had to take a break from the project to share 3 videos with you of little LW.  He is getting so big and my wonderful daughter, BHB shared some videos of him with me.  I almost cried when I saw these.  He is starting to look like her and act like she did when she was a baby.  Oh, so sweet!!!!!

This video shows his ADORABLE little smile. AND NOTE ** this is important**  when she says "Oma" (that's me) is when he smiles.




I keep asking BSB if he is starting to enjoy the flash cards (family faces) I made for him before I left the US.... (HINT - this is a hint to her to show him the flash cards at least 4 or 5 times a week.)

BHB doesn't seem to understand that the flash cards are critical so he will build a memory of us. I don't want to be a stranger when I finally see him again. I want to smooch and cuddle and squeeze him without having to go through the "stranger" stage.

These last 2 videos are when she is waking him up in the morning. BHB returned to work at the law firm a couple of weeks ago and he seems to enjoy his trip to the "office" every day. It is working out much better than I anticipated. BHB seems to be taking to motherhood like a duck to water.

I am so proud of her. I realize she will have her ups and downs, like all us moms.  Motherhood seems to be something she sincerely enjoys and is good at.



Hope you enjoy these videos as much as I did.  I can't wait for the next Skype with little LW. He is getting so cute and I love seeing him grow.

Now, I have to get back to my project.  UGH!

Cheers,

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment