Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Is This the Last Trip to the Printer?

Finished?  Nope. What was I thinking?

Three of us, DW, TP and myself drove over to the printer and reviewed the proof pages from the press and everything looked good. (Thanks to TP for taking our photos!)  I signed off with a sigh of relief that the job was just about over.

To gain access to the building, we had to tap on this window so EA would come open the door.
The do many different types of print jobs however, they are the only press on the Island that can do a hard cover.
I thought this "sign off" was my final action but I was wrong.

EA took us out to look at the press while it was running. For safety purposes, we probably should have worn closed toe shoes.
Watching the press.
Looking at the dots on the paper.  This is something I have done a great deal over the past 25 years...ah, memories!

Sometimes you have to really get into your work to make sure it is right.

DONE!

Nope, one more call from the printer came in yesterday afternoon so off to their offices I raced AGAIN.  They wanted me to look at a “dummy” copy of the front cover.

"Dummy" front cover.  It is going to look great!

It turned out to be a great opportunity as they were collating the pages.  Here are some good photos of the printer hard at work creating the 40th Anniversary Tribute Book for the American Women’s Association.

Pages printed and ready to collate. I haven't seen it done this way (by hand) in 15 or 20 years.
One last selfie while I am looking at more page proofs with EA.

This is a really funny video. Hand collating is not done in the States anymore. I guess labor is a whole lot cheaper here in Bahrain. If you are reading this in an email, you will need to go to my blog page to watch the video.  http://brendahyde.blogspot.com




I think we are on our way to being finished!  Wonder how they will handle delivery?

Cheers,

Brenda




No comments:

Post a Comment