Thursday, October 1, 2015

A carpet by any name is still a rug?

There was a mixed reaction when I asked if you call it a "rug" or a "carpet."

All of you living in the US voted for "rug."

All of my friends in the Middle East said "carpet."

Any way you name it, we are giving BHB and her family a handwoven carpet from the Middle East for Christmas.

If you keep up with my blog, you know I sent her some samples of patterns to look at. She chose the Tabriz pattern which happens to be my personal favorite. And, of course, it is the most expensive pattern.  She's always had really good taste.

Today I went to Oasis Handmade Carpet Centre and picked out 4 rugs in the Tabriz pattern that have blue in the color scheme.  I think any one of these would be beautiful in her home.

Which one is your favorite?

(This is sort of fun -- it is like Mob Shopping.)

Carpet Number One

Number one up close for color. This one has blue scattered all over it. It is a mid range blue and very pretty. I especially like the border treatment of this carpet. 

Carpet Number Two.

Number two up close for color. Notice the additional pattern at the edge. It is a bit different - in a nice way. I love the center pattern on this one. However it does have a bit of olive and the blue is not pronounced. There is blue in the outside trim as well as the center area.

Carpet Number Three.

Number three up close for color. Along with the small blue flowers in the middle, the trim has an extra special weave in the fringe. However it has a peach color that is bordering on pink. Pink is not one of BHB's favorite colors. 

Carpet Number Four

Number four up close for color. This is close to the pattern I have.  It has a nice soft blue/grey and navy. However, again there is a bit of olive. I am not sure how BHB will feel about that.  It does have an earthy feeling to it.

Can't wait to hear what you like.  I will withhold my favorite until the final choice is made.  It is all up to BHB now.

Cheers, Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment