Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Cher Wannabe?

Am I a Cher wannabe?

For two days now I have been comparing myself to Cher.  If you are a reader of FAMILY Magazine, you might not know who Cher is, but for those of you that are closer to my generation, Sonny and Cher were a big celebrity couple in the 60's.

Once, not too long ago my husband and I were watching television and Cher came on.  She looked great.  I was shocked.  After all, she is older than I am but she had the body of a 30 year old and skin to match.  She was in a great shape and not a wrinkle on her face or neck. 


You know the neck gives away your age.  Watch some women newscasters who seem to have flawless skin. Look at their neck.  It will give away their age and show if they have had work done to their face.  It is much harder to fix your neck. (Just a little womanly advice to all the young women out there – use sunscreen on your neck and you will look much younger when you are older…)

Cher looked great and I was really surprised.  However, my ever aware husband said, “What do you expect?  Her total full time job is to look great. If you had all the money in the world and all you had to do is make yourself look great, you could look as good as she does.”

I had not thought about it before, but looking good was probably the one thing she worked at the most.

So I have been trying to act like Cher.  I am working on looking good.  LOL

Really, LOL. 

For the first time in 45 years, I don’t have a job, or children to manage and I am not running a company.  I really have very little to do but look good, and cook healthy food for my fantastic husband.

Please don’t be jealous.  I really have worked hard for 45 years.  I have never been a lady of leisure.  And, I don’t intend to not have goals. I might even start another company. However right now, I am not doing much but acting like Cher.

Doug and I have a routine.  Up at 4:55 AM.  We hit the gym together for 45 minutes then Doug showers and I cook him a hot breakfast.  He is off to work at 6:30 and I go back to the gym.  I lift weights or do crunches.  Then I lay in the hot tub for a while, and then by the pool for a little longer.  Back to the flat for a shower and moisturizer on my face and body.  Ah, it is a good life.

Doug is not home for dinner until 7 or 8 so I have plenty of time to plan a good dinner, shop for fresh food and write this blog. 

Our flat is associated with the Ritz so we have a membership in their health club.  Here is a photo of the “point” where I walk every morning. It is like going on vacation while I am exercising. 



The indoor pool is great for swimming laps. The weight room is huge and has everything I need for my short routine with free weights.  Although, sometimes there are real weight lifters working out as well.  I try to stay out of their way.  I can lift weights and watch the boats in the marina or waves hit the rocks beyond the beach area.  It really is fantastic.

Our building is the beige and tan building to the
 left of the blue cylinder-like building.
This photo also shows the beach for the Ritz.
After my workout (the second one -- without Doug) I always grab an apple from the front desk and head to the outdoor whirlpool.  I can sit in the bubbles and let my muscles relax.  The pool guys already know my routine and have my chair (in the shade) set up with towels so I can sit and cool off.  If I am really hot, there is a chilled pool where I can swim a few laps before hitting the whirlpool. Yes, you heard me correctly, a chilled pool.  Shocking but extremely refreshing when the temperature is over 110 degrees.


The locker rooms are marble and chrome – just beautiful by themselves. 



I am hoping all of this health club work will payoff with improved muscles.  I won’t be doing any cosmetic alterations (cosmetic surgery is very big in the Middle East – who would have thought?) but I am only going to work on getting in shape naturally.

While I crunch down on my apple at the whirlpool, I have started to think . . . what company could I start?  Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment