Thursday, June 12, 2014

What day is it?

Thursday is Friday.
Friday is Sunday.
Saturday is  - oh yes, Saturday.

The weekend is different here.  Friday is the religious day of the week and Saturday is the day off.  So this makes Thursday the end of the work week and Sunday the beginning of the work week.

And, to make life more complex, I have to think about the time difference when I am talking to anyone out side of this area.

Are you confused yet?

I am not sure what day it is myself. I think it is Tuesday as I write this.  Hopefully I will get it posted soon.....

They are building more land (pulling up sand) in the view of our living room windows.


Right now I am doing a bit to help my office get ready for the most popular issue of the year, the Best For Families issue.  I have sent Britni and Steven all my notes and some tips on how to make it easier.

Every year for the last 23 years, I have worked extra hard in June to make sure that the July magazine – our Best for Families Survey Results – was the best it could be.  This year, I am not in control and I can only offer my assistance.

Since I have only been gone for 2 weeks, I know my staff (my old staff :-() is probably really stressed out over the July magazine.  It pains me to think about them and how hard this first issue “without Brenda” is going to be.  And, to make it worse, it is the hardest issue of the year because of the Best for Families survey results.  I just keep telling myself, there was never an easy time to leave.  They would have to go through the pains of doing it without me no matter when I left.

I was thinking about FAMILY Magazine this morning and realized I needed to move on and stop worrying about them so much.  So I changed the time on my watch.

Sunrise looking off our patio.
I know that sounds silly, but I had left the time set to DC time so I could easily look down on my wrist and know what time it was “back there.”  So I stopped, took off my watch, pulled out the button and wound the hands.  And, as the hands moved around taking up the 7 hours of difference, I actually thought I could feel a change.

Now I am on ME time.  I am 100% here with Doug.  Time has moved on.

Cheers,

Brenda

More of Manama as seen from our balcony.


No comments:

Post a Comment